Summer on a stick!
To celebrate National Tequila Day, instead of doing sloppy body shots this year, why don’t you make a batch of these boozy pops? It takes the frozen margarita to the next level and you can still keep your dignity after you’re done. That is, if you don’t eat the entire batch. These are so simple to make, you may want to clear out your freezer for these beauties…
1/2 cup Simple Syrup
1 cup Fresh Lime Juice (10-12 limes)
1/2 cup Blanco Tequila
1/4 cup Orange Liqueur
1/4 cup Orange Juice
1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice (2-3 lemons)
12 (3 oz) Dixie Cups
12 Wooden Popsicle Sticks
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher, stir until well blended
- Pour into dixie cups.
- Move the frozen peas over to make room in the freezer
- After a few hours, place a popsicle stick into the middle of each cup
- Return to the freezer for 4-5 more hours until frozen.
- Seriously, wait, you lush. It’s not that long.
- Tear the cup at the seam to remove
- Enjoy slowly to avoid brain freeze
Pretty sure the Aztec people would’ve made these babies if they had freezers. Salud!